Terms and conditions
The term ‘British Horological Institute’ or ‘BHI’or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Upton Hall, Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG23 5TE. The company is registered in England and Wales; our registration number is 130649. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Access to these pages are subject to continued membership of the BHI.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Distance Selling Regulations
BHI “Cooling Off” and Returns Policy – Printed Material
Your rights to return goods are protected under the UK Consumer Contracts Regulations.
Disclaimer: No refund shall be made if your purchase shows signs of use or copying. The buyer is deemed to have fully investigated and allowed for both the direct and indirect costs of following our DLC before purchasing the lessons, other documents including tutor feedback, exam fees, mentoring service, tools, equipment, facilities other tuition costs etc.
You (the purchaser) are entitled to cancel your order within 14 days and return the goods within a further 14 days for a full refund, including our delivery costs. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the date of purchase and transaction number supplied to you and we will send you a returns form. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault – for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Any goods returned should be in saleable condition, undamaged and in their original unopened packaging accompanied by the completed returns form. Your refund will be paid within 30 days.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights under English law and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable English statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
These conditions shall at all times be construed under and be subject to English law.